An Introduction To A New Approach to Weight Loss

This morning I was thinking, I take all my problems to the Lord and as you may have already guessed, weight loss is a big problem for me.

When I was in my prayer time this morning I asked God why? why am I having trouble losing this weight? And I feel like He said to me, "you must believe in me and my word."

God's word, the Bible, is there to help us in our everyday lives. To see us through, the good times and the bad, so why haven't I been using the word to help me to lose this weight? and then believing and standing on that word. I trust God to direct my path in all the other places in my life. So why haven't I done so with this, too?

Honestly, I had no answer. So I decided today, to start using the word of God to help me with my weight loss. I'd love it if you came along for this journey.

The scripture I have chosen to keep me focused is: Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." K.J.V
 
I hope that it will keep you focused as well as we start or restart our weight loss journey together.
 
Blessings to all...
 


10 comments:

  1. Rhonda,
    What a wonderful idea to focus on scriptures with a weight loss plan. I will be passing on your link to some friends who would appreciate the idea and the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pray for you, Rhonda. losing weight is a real challenge. When you have a compulsive personality and food addiction, it's impossible without God's healing. Been there, done that - both ways - and I'm here to tell you it only works with God. I'll post it on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Cynthia and Janet! I hope you both find this blog to be a blessing and I appreciate you sharing it with your friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ronda
    My Lovely wife (pun intended) sent me your link. Looking forward to the information and blessings that you will be sharing with those of us also walking down (sometimes feels like up) this path.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dwayne! I am so glad that you were "sent" to this blog. I am praying it will be helpful to you. Please comment anytime. I love the feedback!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a good start for me to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been looking for support in this area for a long time. I am walking in freedom from chemical addiction and others. I am currently 4 years free from those life controlling issues. Now I struggle with weight, overeating, sugar, salt, and fat addiction. I look forward to getting healthy and living the life Jesus died for me to live. Thank you for the scriptures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for writing. I hope you come back often and that the words within this blog will help you to become a healthier you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yesterday I began a journey toward better health with significant change in diet and lifestyle. I searched for Scriptures to help with this process and Google gave me you. I don't believe things happen by accident or coincidence, so I will keep visiting and using your scriptural encouragements. I will probably post my progress in my BLOG (www.bigdbentley.com) and would love to share that experience with you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rhonda,
    I am so happy I found your blog. Thank you for being open about what's going on and about sharing your faith. It is really going to be awesome to visit here with you. One day at a time!

    ReplyDelete