Moderation And Thanksgiving

Philippians 4:6

King James Version (KJV)
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.


Learning to eat in moderation is often hard for those of us who enjoy the taste of food. Some people blame their appetite for their weight gain. I confess, it's not my appetite that gets me in trouble but my love of food.

I also know that I'm not a person who likes to be told I "can't" eat this or that. Now I admit that some people have to be very careful with what they eat. I "can't" eat avocados because they break me out and I itch like a crazy woman... so I know I "can't" eat them. If your doctor has told you, you can't eat something, then take their advice and don't eat it. But, if you are trying to follow a diet, that a doctor hasn't prescribed, that says you "can't" eat breads, proteins or any other favorite food, then you are the person I'm talking to.

When I made up my mind to give up the diet and just eat. I started to lose weight.

Learning to eat in moderation is something I think we all must do. I've been trying to follow the advice in the verse above. I have decided that telling myself no to every food I enjoyed wasn't working. So I eat what I want but in moderation and with prayer. I thank God for each morsel that goes into my mouth and I thank Him when I see the scales go down!

God wants to be in every part of our lives and I believe He will help each of us to learn to eat in moderation.

Give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rhonda, God bless you so much for sharing on this journey. I am encouraged.

    ReplyDelete