The Best Diet

"For one believeth that he may eat all things; another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not;
 and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him."
Romans 14:2-3 KJV
 
 
As I read this, I thought... what?
 
Paul was writing to the Christians in Rome. This was after Christ's death & resurrection, because of Christ's dying, the laws changed. So the people were unclear as to which foods they could and couldn't eat. When he calls them weak, he isn't talking about because of their food choices they were weak but saying they were weak in their faith.
 
So, I asked myself: How does this passage effect my eating? That led to what is the best foods for me to eat? or the best diet for me to chose?
 
These are age old questions. According to the scripture, I believe that the best diet is the one that works for me. There is no diet that fits everyone. People who are vegetarians believe that eating veggies only is the best diet. People who are doing Atkins believe meat and veggies is the best for them. Please understand that Vegetarians and Atkins followers don't just eat what I've listed, there is more to each program than I am listing here. My point is, the reason these people are excited about their eating choices is because they work for them. 
 
Have you found what works for you?
 
If not, ask the Lord to reveal the diet that works best for you and your body.  

14 comments:

  1. I have a bf but I am really tense due to his overweight .I really wanted him to be perfect in his looks. He spends the entire weekends with me at my house. When I am alone i tend to eat very healthy: such as steamed veggies with grilled chicken, and natural juices are part of my daily life routine. I love to go to the gym as well. But when I suggest him to go together, he refused, every time, and it sounds like I am trying to force him to exercise, So I end up going by myself/going alone.I don't know how to motivate him to be more active in order to reduce his weight. without sounding like a jerk.Last time i suggested him a site on social media related to exercise and diet food weightlossedge.net
    but he didn’t visit it as well.What should i do now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting, Chrissy. I'm glad you asked this question. I wish I could give you an answer that would help your friend in the way you want me to but I'm afraid my answer isn't what you are looking for but PLEASE hear me out.

    The best way you can help your friend is by being an example to him. Continue to eat right, continue to go to the gym when you want to. Don't ask him to change but don't change for him either. In other words, be his example without telling him how to do it.

    The best advice I can give is to pray for him. Ask God to deal with his heart about this situation and then leave it in God's hand.

    I hope this advice has helped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm overweight also looking for a suitable inside for myrself ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it Marina, just keep looking. God has the perfect plan for all of us :) He has one for you, too

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy I stumbled upon your blog. Perfect timing. Be blessed. You can do it and so can I. The Lord will strengthen us both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Johannasmama! I couldn't agree more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello =) I went on the search last night to find a group or someone who is trying to lose weight, but handing it over to God, and seeking Him in it. I am a believer and I love God and this is an area I have kept for myself and tried to keep Him out of...let me tell you it's not working for me and I am ready to lay it down. I am a truckers wife with three kids, and so not much encouragement there. Alone a lot but never alone if you know what I mean. I don't really read and I don't cook unless I have to lol...but I desperately need to lose weight, and I stumbled on to your blog last night =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you stopped by Brookie :) With God you are never alone. Hugs to you as you work toward losing weight with God and His scriptures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came across your blog. I am too struggle with weight, but lately I have been asking God for assistance because I cannot do it alone. I've tried that and failed each time. The holy spirit spoke to me to google biblical scriptures related to weight loss. Your blog was in the results. I'm glad I obeyed and listened to the holy spirit. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for posting. I pray you will be able to use the words God puts on my heart here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I prayed for God to show me what yo do for months..
    I just dont know what his answer is am i missing it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you aren't missing it. God often lets us think about what we need to do. Press on, eat what is right for your body and keep praying. Hugs

      Delete
  12. I have diabetes with joint and leg pain. I just want to lose weight and do more of the things I use to do, simply not motivated...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand your lack of motivation. God does, too. Perhaps you should stop thinking about wanting to lose weight and start thinking about what it would take to do the things you used to do. I'm not sure what those things are but if you take tiny steps to get back to that place and those things. You will succeed. Hugs and Prayers are being lifted for you.

      Delete